Hello there, friends!
We’re so sorry there’s been a lack of presence here on this lovely website. We’ve been traveling and working a lot, but you don’t care about that. There’s no excuse. However, we recently changed a lot of big things in our lives and we’ve decided to work full time from home. We can definitely make more posts about this topic, but please note: there will be awesome content on here. STARTING NOW.
A few days ago, we came back from our trip to Aruba. It was seriously such a blast and we learned SO much about ourselves. Traveling is hard and therefore, we need to stick together in this and give each other little nuggets of information to make it easier on us all.
Here’s what we’ve learned and loved about ARUBA:
1. ALWAYS (and I mean always) double check you have your wallet and passport. LITERALLY MY MAIN FORM OF IDENTIFICATION WAS SITTING AT HOME! Fear not: most airlines are fine with just your passport (I did have that). However, we were very lucky to have a rental car company that was okay with a photocopy of my license. Most places you’d probably also need it for buying alcohol, but luckily that also doesn’t really matter in places like the Caribbean.
2. When we got dropped off at the airport after our trip was over (sad face), we noticed that we did not immediately see our departure flight on the screen when we walked in. RED FLAG. This means 1 of 2 things: you’re way too early for your flight OR your flight has been cancelled/delayed. We thought our flight left way earlier than it did, so we sat in the cold airport for 4 hours. PLEASE CHECK YOUR FLIGHT TIMES.
3. Aruba doesn’t really have hot water. It’s a hot and humid island with no real use for steaming showers. If this is a problem for you: you’ll need to stay in resorts. If you stay in an Airbnb like we did, you’ll live like a local.
4. Bring Aloe Vera. We used it religiously and your skin will thank you.
5. Print out copies of your license, passport, immunization records or health records and leave one at home, one tucked away in a sealed envelope in your luggage, and one ON you. (Passport holders like this one are great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AFKDN12/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=A37SPL6E60NKAW )
6. Coloring is our favorite activity while on a plane. It’s so fun and passes the time quickly!
7. Usually when you’re preparing for a trip, you wipe out what groceries you have, because who wants stuff to get old while you’re gone? We found out that it’s really nice to come home to one quick and easy meal that you know you can have right away. No one wants to go grocery shopping when you come home and you likely won’t want take out AGAIN.
8. Finally, don’t forget to place your car/house keys where you’ll easily be able to grab them when you’ve landed in the homeland. We had to open up our suitcases in the middle of baggage claim to get ours. Don’t be like us.
If you travel to Aruba, PLEASE tell us what you do and how you liked it. It was such a fun experience to see an island so close to South America and all of the beaches are so beautiful (go to the Dos Playas beach in the Arikok National Park, it's picture-perfect).